Today I am sharing a different and unique recipe in India. This recipe is healthy and easy to prepare but little time needed. I tried this recipe and never disappointed in taste. So I am sharing this healthy and unique recipe with you all.
Yes. This recipe’s name is Turnip cake or Chinese dim sum dish. We can call it Radish Idli or steam. This name itself is unique. Many members think it is sweet but not. This cake is filled with vegetables so everyone can have it. Personally felt that I must try the recipe, but it was a little time consuming. This turnip cake is made with shredded radish and rice flour. This turnip cake is crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. Usually radish is used in the Asian kitchen, but it is different in the taste and recipe.
I have added the vegetable carrot and radish in equal ratio. For the spices I have added pepper powder, dry garlic and ginger powder, additionally you can add chat masala or garam masala powder. I used rice flour to prepare the batter. Instead of this you can soak some rice and grind it to a smooth paste and prepare a thick batter.
In a cake mold pour the mix and steam it like idli or kadubu. After steaming, cut into pieces.Have it with Green chutney otherwise you can roast it or deep fry it. Once you’re done with pieces, roast like a cutlet. If you are on a healthy diet or oil freak then steam it and have it as it is.
This turnip cake is crunchy on the outside, soft on the inside. Usually radish is used in the Asian kitchen, but it is different in taste and recipe. We can prepare this recipe as a breakfast, dinner or tea time snack. Kids will love their snack box or lunch box too.
Try this simple and healthy unique turnip cake recipe. Enjoy the dish with your beloved family members.Thank you guys for coming here and catching my recipes. I am overwhelmed by your support and valuable feedback. Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and all the links are mentioned below. Love you all.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a radish, peel it and grate it.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add finely chopped garlic, slices of onion and saute it until it turns to golden color.
- Add grated carrot and radish. Mix well.
- Add water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add salt to taste, pepper powder, dry ginger garlic powder or paste, soya sauce and saute it.
- Add freshly chopped coriander leaves. mix everything and keep aside.
- Take a bowl, add rice flour, salt and water and mix without lumps.
- Prepare the batter with a little thick consistency and radish mixer. Mix everything and keep aside.
- Take a cake mold, place a butter paper or grease with oil.
- Pour the batter into a mold and steam for about 30-45 minutes.
- Take out from the steamer and let it cool down.
- Remove butter paper and cut into pieces.
- In a pan, heat some oil, place one by one pieces and fry until it is crisp.
- Remove from oil and sprinkle some fried till.
- Enjoy with soya sauce or any sauce.