Barley masala is one of the simple and instant recipes. It is a very healthy and weight loss recipe. Barley masala is made with barley and some vegetables. I will share the easiest way of preparing barley masala. Some people are always told eating healthy is boring. This masala barley is the reverse of that because it is healthy and tastes delicious. People who are looking for a tasty and healthy recipe will come to your preparation list.
For preparing the barley masala is very easy. We can eat anytime of the day like breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is an ideal lunch box recipe too. We can add a lot of vegetables for barley masala. Here I added onion, carrot, and capsicum. Along with this vegetable you can add corn, cabbage or your desired vegetables. This recipe is very simple because I added simple masala and spices. The Indian spices have different flavors and health benefits.
Barley is whole grain, it is a little creamy in color and chewy in texture when it’s cooked. With soaking or without soaking we can cook the barley. If we soak the barley it will help to cook easily and needs less time to cook. Barley is chew in texture and not have any bitter taste and other tastes.
Barley grain is one of the diabetic friendly. This is a long time stomach filling grain. It is rich in fiber, vitamins and minerals. Consuming barley will reduce cholesterol, diabetics.
Try the super easy and simple barley masala in your home and share how you are preparing the sambar powder in the comments. Thank you guys for coming here and catching my recipes. I am overwhelmed by your support and valuable feedback. Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, instagram and all the links are mentioned below. Love you all.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a bowl, add barley, wash it and soak for 4 hours.
- In a vessel add enough water and add soaked barley. Close the lid and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes on medium flame.
- Once barley is cooked properly turn off the flame and keep aside.
- Take a kadai, add ghee, urad dal, cumin, and mustard seeds saute well.
- Add finely chopped ginger and garlic, green chilli slit, onion and saute it until it starts to golden color.
- Add finely chopped tomatoes and saute well until it starts to mushy.
- Add finely chopped carrot and capsicum and stir well for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add coriander powder, red chili powder, turmeric powder, garam masala and salt. Mix everything.
- Add cooked barley and mix everything. After mixing add squeeze lemon, freshly chopped coriander leaves and combine well. Everything mixes the healthy and tasty masala barley is ready to serve.
- After mixing add squeeze lemon, freshly chopped coriander leaves and combine well.
- Everything mixes the healthy and tasty masala barley is ready to serve.
Soaking barley will help to cook easily.