Doddapathre / Mexican Mint / Indian Borage / Sambrani recipe is authentic and healthy too. The thambuli recipe is perfect for a making yourself healthy body. My family members liked Doddapathre Thambuli, so I am sharing this easy, healthy and delicious thambuli in my blog. The perfect blend of doddapathre leaves with coconut and jeera. Adding buttermilk (I prefer) or curd enhances the taste. Tampering is a gives extra flavour to Doddapathre Thambuli.
This recipes from a well-known medicinal herb having soft and thick leaves. It has an oregano-like flavor and odor. This herb is familiar by name “Doddapatre” or “Sambrani” or “Sambarballi” in Kannada language (Karnataka, India). In India this tender fleshy plant is familiar by different names in different languages like Ajwain or Patharchur(Hindi), Ova paan(Marathi), Panikoorka(Malayalam), Omavalli or Karpuravalli(Tamil), Vamu aaku(telugu), Pashanabedi(Sanskrit). It grows quickly, requires little water, and can grow in any type of weather conditions. I too have a doddapathre plant in my balcony.
Health Benefits of Doddapathre / Mexican Mint / Indian Borage / Sambrani
- Cures Respiratory Issues.
- Treats Fever.
- Reduces Stress and Anxiety.
- Skin Care.
- Anti-cancer Potential.
- Improves Kidney Health.
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Beneficial For Females.
- Reduce arthritis.
- Improve vision.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take Doddapathre / Mexican Mint / Indian Borage / Sambrani leaves clean and wash it.
- Take a pan, add sambrani leaves and saute for few minutes.
- In one mixer jar add grated coconut, green chilly, jeera, fried sambrani leaves and grind it like a paste.
- Take one bowl put grinded paste, add curd or buttermilk, little water and salt for taste.
- In a small pan add oil, red chilly, mustard, curry leaves for tampering
- Add tampering to sambrani leaves thambuli, then it is getting ready to serve.
- Healthy and yummy Doddapathre / Mexican Mint / Indian Borage / Sambrani thambuli is ready. You can drink a smoothie or serve with rice.