The ridge gourd dosa is easy to make, tasty to everyone, healthy to body. This recipe is unique but one of the popular in South Canara. It can have it for breakfast or in the evening.
Ridge gourd is a vegetable which is a dark green colour from outside, white pulp and white seeds embedded in spongy inside. Before cutting the ridge gourd removes the harder outer layer.
The ridge gourd dosa is instant recipe prepared from normal rice dosa batter, added with coriander seeds, red chillies, jeera, jaggery, grated coconut for masala. Coconut and jaggery gives sweetness, chillies for spiciness. So that outcome of batter has been colourful. Once peeled cut the ridge gourd into thin round slices. Put the slices and individually take slices and form a dosa in hot tawa.
The ridge gourd dosa is very tasty. Ridge gourd dosa can be eaten as it is or can be with simple coconut chutney. This recipe, I have learnt from my uncle, now this is favourite to my husband too.
The ridge gourd is anti-diabetic, weight loss so we can add in our diet and in daily food. Ridge gourd is healthy vegetable.
Health Benefits of Ridge Guard:
- Ridge Gourd is highly rich in dietary fiber and is fortified with all essential elements including vitamin C, zinc, iron, riboflavin, magnesium, thiamine and traces of other minerals.
- This is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and calories that help to minimize weight.
- Ridge gourd contains a large amount of cellulose and a high water content that helps to alleviate constipation.
- Contains insulin such as peptides and alkaloids that help reduce blood and urine sugar levels.
- It is rich in beta-carotene, which is perfect for eye vision enhancement.
- Ridge gourd works efficiently in the purification of blood. It improves and nourishes liver function and protects the liver from alcohol intoxication.
- Ridge gourd juice is used to treat jaundice and to improve the immune system against any infection.
- This is essential for the protection of the skin, because the purifying nature of the blood ensures that you remain free of acne and apex.
- Ridge Gourd helps to control both acidity and ulcers. It is well known as a cooling agent and aids in the handling of burning sensation during urination.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
#RidgeGourdDosa #HeerekaiDose #KarnatakaStyleBreakfast
- Take dosa rice, wash it and soak it 4 hours or overnight.
- Take ridge guard peel it or remove outer hard layer and cut into round thin slices.
- In a mixer jar, add soaked rice with water, red chillies, coriander seeds, jeera, jaggery, grated coconut, turmeric powder, required water and grind like a paste.
- After grinding transfer it to a bowl or vessel, add salt and required amount of water. Check the consistency of batter.
- Prepare the hot tawa; along with add ridge guard thin slices to the batter.
- Take individual slices from batter and form a dosa. Finally sprinkle some batter on top.
- Cooks both the side by applying oil.
- Yummy ridge guard dosa is ready. You can have it as it is or serve with simple coconut chutney.