Pineapple Menaskai / Curry is very famous in Mangalore-Udupi region. It is always the best combination with hot matta rice or white rice. This fruit tastes sweet, sour sometimes. If it is sour we can’t eat it directly, at that time we can make this type of curry from the pineapple. So the pineapple is ideal for making gojju or curry.
Pineapple is one of my favorite fruits. I love to eat it whether it is sweet or sour. I occasionally try this curry because I ate everything instead of doing curry and all. This time I got a large pineapple so I tried this curry from it. Usually my mother creates this curry very well, nowadays I am also a master of this curry.
The masala of this curry we have to prepare from scratch. The sesame is one of the must-have ingredients for this curry. While adding sesame seeds gives an authentic taste of the curry. You can add black sesame or white sesame, both also used. Apart from sesame only red chilly and urad dal spices are needed. We roast all the spices and blend with the fresh coconut.
While making the curry remove all outer skin and middle part of the pineapple. Then we have to make small pieces of pineapple. When we cook the pineapple we have to add more jaggery, tamarind. Green chilli is added because of the flavour of curry. You can skip the adding of green chilli. This curry needs simple tampering with mustard and few curry leaves.
This curry usually tastes a little sweetish instead of spicy. Jaggery depends upon the sourness of pineapple. If you need sweet curry you can add more jaggery and less red chilli. Adjust the jaggery and red chilli according to your taste buds. This curry is well combined with dosas too. This curry is a little thicker than normal sambar.
You can use vegetables or fruits to make the curry in the same masala like bitter gourd, Mango etc. Try this recipe in your home and leave a comment of your opinion. Thank you guys for coming here, reading my blogs, trying my version of recipes. Stay connected to the next interesting recipes.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a pineapple, peel it and roughly chop into small pieces.
- Take a vessel or kadai, add chopped pineapple pieces and some water and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, jaggery, tamarind extract, salt & cook the pineapple.
- Take a small pan, add some oil, sesame, urad dal, red chilly and fry until a slight golden colour. And leave to cool down.
- Take a mixer jar, add grated coconut, and fried spices. Blend to a smooth texture.
- Once pineapple pieces are cooked add ground paste and some water. Boil it for 5 minutes.
- In a small tadka pan, splutter the oil, red chilly, mustard seeds and some curry leaves.
- Pour the tempering to the curry. Tasty and delicious pineapple menaskai or curry is ready to serve with hot rice, dosa.
- Spices and jaggery are added to your tastes.