Falafel is very easy and quick to do. Falafel is a perfect snack or starter for any kind of party. This recipe is famous in Middle Eastern cooking. It is completely their street food. It is completely vegan and vegetarian food so anyone can try this awesome recipe.
One day I received a lot of chickpeas. When I started searching for recipes from it, my husband told me about falafel. Next day I tried a falafel recipe. The outcome was good and the taste is delicious. I like these deep fried balls so i thought to share with you guys. I tried again and shared every procedure of falafel.
Falafel is made from white colour ground chickpea. Falafel is a combination of chickpea and spices. Chickpeas must be soft after soaking otherwise it may become difficult to become smooth. Red chilly and pepper you can adjust to your spiciness. Freshly chopped coriander and onion gives nice aroma to the falafel. I added plain flour because of mixing all dry ingredients and absorbing the water in the mixture. Chickpea flour helps to bind with mixture and retain the shape while frying. Baking soda helps to provide fluffy texture inside the fried balls.
Any oil can be used for frying. While frying the balls heat must be in medium flame otherwise it will not cook properly from inside. The falafel must be golden brown on the outside. You can bake the falafel.
Falafel is served immediately when it is done. Because when the balls are warm it is crispy. It is more delicious when served with sauce, hummus or chutney. You can warp the falafel for sandwiches, salad, burger or Pitas.
If you find it difficult to make the balls you can try any other shapes. It will never affect the taste of falafel. Every generation likes this recipe. For kids it is a good snack because it’s less oily food and chickpeas are good for your health.
Thank you guys for giving valuable time for reading my falafel story. Stay connected for the next interesting recipe.
Health Benefits of Chickpea:
- Help Keep Your Appetite Under Control: High in protein and fiber, which makes them a filling food that may help lower appetite and reduce calorie intake at meals.
- Rich in Plant-Based Protein: Excellent source of protein, which has a variety of health benefits, ranging from weight management to bone health. They are a great choice for individuals who avoid animal products.
- Help Manage Your Weight: Chickpeas contain a moderate amount of calories and are high in fiber and protein, all properties that play a role in weight management.
- Support Blood Sugar Control: Chickpeas have a low GI and are also a great source of fiber and protein, all properties that support healthy blood sugar control.
- May Benefit Digestion: Chickpeas are high in fiber, which benefits your digestion by increasing the number of healthy bacteria in your gut and helping waste flow efficiently through your digestive tract.
- May Protect Against Certain Chronic Diseases: Chickpeas have many characteristics that may help prevent some chronic illnesses, including heart disease, cancer and diabetes.
- Inexpensive and Easy to Add to Your Diet: Chickpeas are cheap and taste great when added to a variety of recipes. They are the main ingredient in hummus and make a great substitute for meat due to their protein content.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a large bowl, add chickpea and soak for 4 hours.
- Drain off all the water. Transfer the chickpea to mixer jar and grind it to powder texture.
- Add finely chopped onion and coriander leaves, coriander powder, salt, crushed black pepper, baking soda, all purpose flour, red chilly powder, lemon juice. Give a good mix.
- Add besan flour and give a good mix.
- Geese the oil to hand and prepare small balls.
- Heat the oil and deep fry the balls in medium flame.
- Remove from oil once balls turn to golden brown colour.
- Tasty and instant snacks are ready. Serve with chutney or sauce.
- Chickpea at least soak for 4 hours. More hours of soaking gives a good result.
- Don't use canned chickpea to do falafel.
- Soak the chickpea for 7-8 hrs.