Brinjal is a big part of South Indian cuisine and Roast Brinjal Gojju / Chutney is one of all the varieties of recipes. It may sound a bit confusing to hear that burn the brinjal but the recipe makes a great side dish for a healthy meal.
Especially, How are you going to finish off those 1 or 2 brinjals sitting in your fridge?
Today I have for all of you a delicious side dish of roasted brinjal that tastes great with rice, chapati, etc.
This ‘Roast Brinjal Gojju / Roast Egg Plant Chutney / Sutta Badanekayi Huli Gojju / South Indian style Baingan ka chutney’ is slightly tangy, slightly sweet and slightly spicy, lip smacking
Like baingan bharta, this recipe requires for an eggplant to be roasted on fire. It takes just a few minutes to make this dish, once the egg plant is roasted. The roasted taste of brinjal mixed with tamarind, simple tampering gives a unique taste.
Health Benefits of Brinjal / Egg Plant:
- Nutrient-dense food, contains a good amount of vitamins, minerals and fiber.
- Boast high number of antioxidants.
- May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease.
- Adding to your diet may help keep your blood sugar in check.
- High in fiber and low in calories.
- Show potential in fighting cancer cells.
- Take 2 Brinjals (Bid sized) wash and burn it fully under the flame.
- Once the brinjals are cooked, take out & leave it for cooling.
- Once cool it, remove outer burnt skin.
- After removing outer cover mash it nicely and add Tamarind juice, jaggery, salt and little water for making it consistency and mix well. You can also add onion to it, if required.
- Prepare tampering, add oil, garlic, red chilly, mustard, curry leaves to tampering pan.
- Once ready, Add the tampering to Burnt Brinjal Gojju. Yummy and Tasty Burnt Brinjal Gojju / Egg plant Chutney is ready.