Banana Stem Mung Bean Thoran / Stir Fry, very good recipe for our health. This thoran is very tasty and delicious side dish. We can call by the name of stir fry and in our local language we are calling it as thoran / palya. Here I am sharing one method of stir fry. We can make other varieties of stir fry using banana stems. It is one of the famous thoran in south and kerala. Both are very good for our body so this is power backed food.
Banana stems are very good for our body. In our farm I usually get many banana stems so I am always ready to cook the banana stems in different recipes. The banana stem has less fiber. While using the banana stem, remove all unwanted outer cover. We only use inside the stems. Removing the outer cover is not a big task, it came out quickly. If you get fresh and make any kind of recipes, it tastes wow.
While selecting the banana stem we must choose the tender part of the stem. Because it is soft and tastes better. Cutting of the banana stem is always remembered in my childhood. Removing unwanted fiber from the banana stem and from that we are doing a cap for fingers. So many memories with the banana stem.
For making this recipe we need to soak the mung bean overnight. If it starts sprouts it is good otherwise also no problem. The recipe will hit. But sprouts give more taste than usual mung beans. The mung bean has nutritional, antioxidants and also several health factors.
The banana stem and sprouted mung bean thoran does not need much masalas. It is mildly spicy. The thoran is not a watery kind of curry and it is one of the dry curry. The sprouted mung bean easily adjusts with the banana stem. All ingredients are easily available in our kitchen. It is very easy and simple to prepare the stir fry. We can prepare for any occasion because I have not added onion and garlic.
Banana stem and mung bean stir fry is flavoured with coconut and seasoning and simple tempering to it. Banana stems look hard but they will soften quickly. I added sprouted mung beans so it is also cooked quickly.
Most people ignore this veggie but this is very nutritional and healthy and repairs our body. So try this recipe at your home and enjoy the day.
Health Benefits of Banana Stem & Mung Bean:
- Helps in weight loss.
- Prevent the formation of kidney stone.
- Rich source in fiber.
- Managing the cholestrol and blood pressure.
- Lowers bad cholestrol and kill the cancer cells.
- Fat free and low calories.
- Good for pregnant woman.
- Remedy for anemia.
- Increase the immunity level.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a banana stem, remove unwanted cover. Make slices and remove unwanted fiber.
- Wash the banana stem slices. Chop into small pieces.
- Take a cooker, add chopped banana stem and sprouted mung bean, salt, water and make a whistle.
- Take a pan and add oil, red chilli, urad dal, mustard seeds, curry leaves. Sauté well for 2 minutes.
- Add cooked banana stem and sprouted mung bean. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, jaggery and mix well.
- Add grated coconut, mix well and cook until water evaporates. Healthy and tasty banana stem and sprouted mung bean thoran or stir fry is ready.