Hey friends today sharing a new recipe with easy steps and procedures.
Malabar parotta is a traditional recipe of Kerala or Malabar. It is layered and soft bread. It is very famous in the streets of Malabar and Tamilnadu. It is very tasty along with curry. Parotta is also named as roti cannoli. It is the simplest and traditional way of making parotta.
Preparing the parotta does not need much ingredients. It is mixed up with flour, sugar and salt. Parotta is made with maida, not whole wheat or other flour. If you use other flour the taste becomes completely different. While kneading the dough, use warm water. Warm water helps in layering, and softens. Sugar helps in brownish color and makes it delicious.
To get the flaky layer does not have the right technique. Use the correct measurements while preparing. The kneading is very important, because it helps in layering.
After cooking we have to layer by crushing side by side using our strong hands. This is a little difficult because it needs to be full of energy otherwise the layer is not opening properly.
The malabar parotta is served with coconut rich gravy or kadala curry or non vegetarian dishes. Any side dish is suitable for the parotta. Serve when it is a little warm. Always try a small or medium size parotta rather than big size. Because large sizes may be not effective and not easily cooked at home.
If you are too lazy to prepare from scratch, then half cooked frozen parotta is available at almost every grocery shop. Take them and cook properly and serve or enjoy.
Try this super flaky and layered malabar parotta at your home. Share how you are prepared and other recipes you tried.Thank you guys for coming here and catching my recipes. I am overwhelmed by your support and valuable feedback. Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and all the links are mentioned below. Love you all.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a mixing bowl, add all purpose flour, sugar, salt to taste, warm water and mix well.
- Sprinkle some flour on the kitchen counter, add the mixed dough and knead the dough for 5 to 10 minutes.
- Take a small bowl, add some ghee or oil, place the kneaded dough again, put some oil or ghee and rest for 2 hours.
- Take a big dough ball and spread thin layer.
- Cut into small pieces using a sharp knife, bring to the middle. OR Cut from the middle and leave one inch from the end.
- Bring together a long rope and make a circle and press the end in the bottom. Spread the dough into a layer.
- Place in the hot tawa and cook both sides.
- If you need, you can add some oil or ghee while cooking.
- Place one or two cooked paratha and crush from side by side.
- Serve when it is hot with curry.
For better layering, rest the dough for at least 4 to 6 hours.