Banana flower dosa is unique recipe. I always do experiments in my kitchen. I tried this dosa which the outcome was too good. In fact, my family members too liked this dosa very much. So, I am sharing this wonderful and healthy dosa recipe to everyone.
Banana flower dosa is easy to make. I prepared batter from dosa rice, urad dal and banana flower. I grinded soaked rice and urad dal with banana flower. Once it fermented, we have the dosa batter. Later spread to hot tawa. This dosa can be served with sambar or chutney.
Banana flowers, for a reason, are called banana hearts. These flowers are beautiful, but you should not dismiss them as merely decorative elements. They also have a host of health benefits!
Banana flower is rich in protein content and is also helpful in diabetic management. Banana flower grows from the end of the banana bunch, and has a dark purple-red flower. The small flower would be found in the part that turned in to the banana. The taste is starchy & bitter. It is rich in vitamins A & C and can reduce pain. It was included as Vegetable in the diet.
Some of the health benefits of banana flowers include:
1. Wards Off Infection
2. Reduces Free Radical Practices
3. Reduces menstrual bleeding;
4. Manage diabetes and anemia
5. Rich source of minerals and vitamins
6. Boosts the mood and decreases anxiety
7. Helps nurse mothers
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoxnC-HgkWexIDECdkMEsDQ/
Visit TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
#Breakfastrecipe #BananaFlowerDosa #DosaRecipe
- In a vessel soak dosa rice and urd dal for 4 hours.
- Take a banana flower and chop into small pieces.
- First grind the chopped flower, then does rice and urad dal.
- Pour the dosa batter to one vessel and put required amount of salt.
- Keep 8 hours for fermentation.
- Once fermented pour the dosa in a tawa and roast it well.
- Tasty and healthy banana flower dosa is ready.
- Preparation time doesn't include Soaking & Fermenting time, As Soaking require at least 4hrs & fermentation requires atleast 6hrs.