Turkey Berry is one of the super healthy vegetables. Turkey berry is a local vegetable and widely grown in some areas. It is a famous vegetable in South India. In Kannada we call Usti kaayi or kudane, Tamil -Sundekaayi, Telugu – Uccha kayi. Turkey berry is small in size and green in colour and a little bitter in taste. In summer it grows on the roadside. From Turkey Berry we can prepare lots of recipes. Today I am sharing one version of the simple stir fry.
Usti kayi stir fry is an easy and simple recipe. Fresh masala with turkey berries gives it a good taste. The stir fry is a very healthy recipe.
For preparing a stir fry we need to make fresh masala. Fresh masala also does not take much time and there is no need to roast any ingredients. Mixer jar added some grated coconut, green chilli for spiciness, onion and curry leaves for good flavour. I have added bird eye chilli and pepper coins for spiciness.
Cooking turkey berries is easy and doesn’t take much time. The turkey berry is added to boiling water so it will not take much time to cook. For making the stir fry, prepare simple tadka with urad dal, mustard seeds and some curry leaves. The onion is sauteed until it turns a semi golden colour. Then add the fresh masala fry until the raw smell goes out. Once the turkey berry is cooked well, take it out from water and smash using your hand or spatula. Finally add to the tadka with turkey berries.
This stir fry is a good combination with ghee and hot rice. Also a good side dish for roti or chapathi.
This is the super easy and healthy Turkey Berry stir fry Recipe in your home. Share how you are prepared and other recipes you tried. Thank you guys for coming here and catching my recipes. I am overwhelmed by your support and valuable feedback. Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and all the links are mentioned below. Love you all.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a turkey berry, remove from the bunch, wash it well.
- In a vessel add water, tamarind paste, turmeric powder and bring to boil.
- Add turkey berry and cook until it softens.
- Strain all the water and slightly crush the cooked turkey berry.
- Take a mixer jar add coconut, onion, garlic, black pepper, green chilli, curry leaves, turmeric powder,salt and grind to a coarse texture.
- In a pan, heat some oil, prepare a tadka with urad dal, mustard seeds, and curry leaves.
- Add onion fry until it turns to golden colour.
- Add grind paste and saute until raw goes out.
- Add crushed turkey berry and mix everything for 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy the stir fry ghee and hot rice