Sweet potato paratha are delicious and healthy. It’s a very easy to be prepared for breakfast, lunch or dinner. Paratha is one of the most favorite food in northern part of India. I gave a twist to flathead paratha by adding sweet potatoes. When I started eating paratha, I got started to get addicted to it and makes more cravings when it is hot and crunchy with desi ghee on the top.
Sweet potatoes are generally sweet in taste. They come in different shapes and colors like pale orange, purple etc. It will help boost your immunity level. It is nutrition and a root vegetable. It can be eaten as raw or cooked or fried. When you cooked it, starch will be released. Try preparing salad, fried baked item, paratha, curries, dessert and more from sweet potato.
Sweet potato paratha recipe is prepared with sweet potato and wheat flour. Usually paratha’s are prepared with stuffing inside / wrapped with the dough. But in this recipe mashed sweet potatoes are directly mixed to the wheat flour dough and adding some spices. You can add variety of spices in it depending on your taste preference. Sweet potatoes are generally sweet taste so we need to add spice flavor to balance it. If sweet potatoes are over cooked, it absorbs water, which will effect while mashing it.
Here, I directly mixing cooked sweet potato with wheat flour to prepare the dough, so less tension and less stress. Once dough is prepared we can spread it evenly. If we stuff the mix, we need little more and need some more patience to spread the dough.
Sweet potato paratha are good with curd, pickle, and jaggery. While eating use this as combination, taste buds will active and stomach feels happy. This paratha is good for lunch box too. Also filled with nutrition on this paratha. This is completely vegan so anyone can try this mouthwatering recipe.
Sweet potatoes are healthy too. It contained fiber, minerals and vitamins. It have high antioxidants so it is protect our body from chronic diseases. Sweet potatoes are have lower calories. So easily we can include in our diet List. It is maintains our blood pressure. This paratha can eat for diabetes in small amounts.
Health Benefits of Sweet Potato:
- Help to avoid vitamin A deficiency: a normal and plentiful source of beta-carotene and vitamin A. In order to help the body combat infections, vitamin A is necessary and remains immune to further infections.
- Help manage diabetes: Contain vital fibers and magnesium that are important for diabetes prevention and management. There is also a relatively low glycemic index for vegetables, which also helps to control blood glucose levels.
- Help to manage stress levels: an essential source of magnesium whose deficiency has been reported to be associated with an increased risk of anxiety, stress and depression.
- Contains anti-inflammatory activity: In sweet potatoes, the presence of anthocyanin and choline makes vegetables an important dietary source for preventing and reducing chronic inflammation in the body.
- Can help protect/prevent/manage cancer: Contains beta-carotene, a carotenoid that is necessary to prevent prostate cancer in men. Moreover, it has been shown that extracts from various sections of sweet potatoes accelerate the death of cancers of the breast, gastric, colorectal, and prostate, reducing the growth and spread of these cancers.
- Can help guard against ulcers: sweet potato extracts have shown that the vegetable has chemicals that can help to heal stomach wounds and ulcers. Dietary intake of sweet potatoes may also be an effective treatment strategy for major types of ulcers, including ulcers caused by ethanol and aspirin.
- Can help in minimizing the risk of cardiovascular diseases: The fibers, anthocyanin, polyphenols, and the high radical scavenging activity found in sweet potatoes are all important in the battle against cardiovascular diseases and can help reduce the risk of cardiovascular diseases.
- Contain antimicrobial properties: sweet potatoes and their extracts have antimicrobial properties that can be used for the prevention and treatment of a range of infections and bacterial pathogens.
- Hair and skin can be improved: they contain high levels of vitamins A, C and E, both of which are useful for supporting the proper health of the skin and hair. In addition, vitamin E is particularly useful for the prevention and treatment of alopecia and for the maintenance of healthy hair.
- Good for digestion: Contains significantly high concentrations of fibers, which are essential for the promotion and prevention of constipation in the well-functioning digestive tract.
- Blood pressure management aid: It contains large quantities of both magnesium and potassium, both of which are important for battling hypertension. They also help to monitor blood pressure, minimizing the risk of people suffering from cardiovascular diseases.
- Boost fertility: In the promotion of fertility among women, iron is significant. A significant dietary iron source.
- Important for good vision: large levels of vitamins A, C and E are included, all of which are important for promoting good vision.
- Weight management assistance: The fiber in sweet potatoes will help to sustain satiety, as well as reduce an individual’s body weight.
- Memory-enhancing foods: The daily intake of sweet potatoes will help boost your memory.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
#SweetPotatoParatha #SweetPotatoFlatbread #ParathaRecipies
- In a cooker add sweet potatoes and water. Cook for 3 whistles.
- Once cooker cool down, open the lid and transfer the cooked sweet potatoes to mixing bowl.
- Peel the skin of sweet potatoes. Mash the sweet potatoes very well without any lumps.
- Add wheat flour, turmeric powder, salt, red chilly powder, Kasuri methi, coriander powder, Aamchuru powder, Garam masala.
- Add water for kneading. I used sweet potatoes stock.
- Once dough prepared, grease oil on top and leave for 15 minutes.
- Take the small amount of dough ball and sprinkle some dust and spread like chapathi.
- Heat the tawa, cook the paratha on both sides. Apply ghee or oil while cooking the paratha.
- If sweet potatoes are overcooked it will release the water while mashing it. Which in term effect the dough.