Breadfruit chips are the simplest snack and easy to prepare. The breadfruit chips are a traditional recipe. The breadfruit chips are gluten free chips, because we are not adding any flours. Breadfruit is famous by the name of Nirphanas, in our local language we call it as deegujje or deevi halasu.
Breadfruit is one of the varieties in the jackfruit family. The flavour and texture of bread fruit is similar to potato. Like potato we can make raita from breadfruit too. Breadfruits outer cover is green in colour, and small globules in outer cover. Inside of breadfruit is little hard. When it is ripen it will become soft and creamy. Raw breadfruit we can’t eat before using it. We have to bake, boil or fry them. This fruit does not contain any seeds inside.
In every season in my home this chips is a must to prepare. It is my all-time favorite snack. My son is also enjoying eating these chips very happily. When I get the breadfruit, I will do this. Because this recipe is easy and will be enjoyed any time any day.
While selecting the breadfruit for chips it should be developed. At that time chips will come very well. Firstly we need to remove all the skin or outer cover of breadfruit. Then make the pieces and remove all hard core veins or middle parts from the breadfruit slices. Once you are done with this, you need to put it into water until you start to thin slices. If you keep outside then breadfruit pieces become black. For chips you can make thin slices using a sharp knife or chips grater. I use a chips grater, it is one of the easiest methods.
After making the slice of breadfruit, fry it all in hot oil. When it turns to golden colour add some salt water and leave for a minute and take out from the oil. Once done with the chips, let it cool down, then store in an airtight container. You can enjoy the chips for one month with your tea or coffee.
Try these tasty chips and enjoy your tea or coffee time. I am overwhelmed by you for coming here and catching all my recipes. Stay in touch for coming recipes.
Health Benefits of Breadfruit:
- Good for Digestive Health.
- Helps To Fight Free Radicals.
- Rich in omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids.
- Good for heart health & Maintain Bone Health.
- Serves As a Weight Loss Diet.
- Enhances Energy, Improves the Immune System.
- Repair of Body Tissues and Cell.
- Helps in Controlling Diabetes.
- Fight against Colon Cancer.
- Reduces Blood Sugar & Inflammation.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a breadfruit wash, peel the outer skin. Make the slices, remove the core of the fruit and put it into water to avoid blackness.
- Take a chips grater, slices of breadfruit, and grate to the plate.
- In a kadai, heat the oil for frying. Pour some breadfruit pieces into hot oil and fry until golden.
- In a bowl add salt and water mix well until salt dissolves.
- Once breadfruit turns to golden colour add salt water and leave for 1 minute.
- Take out the hot oil to absorb paper. Kurum kurum breadfruit chips are ready. Store in an airtight container and enjoy any time.