Semiya Kesari is a very easy, quick and simple recipe. Anyone wants simple sweets or if the guests suddenly enter your home, then try this Semiya kesari for a few minutes.
The Semiya Kesari is little different from our normal kesari bath. You can use any type of vermicelli for preparing the Semiya Kesari. This is one of the Classical Indian desserts. The Semiya kesari is a good combo with breakfast or with tea. In some regions this sweet is called vermicelli halwa. Different names of this recipes are Semiya Kesari, Meethi Seviyan, Sweet Vermicelli, Shavige Kesaribath and more.
Usually we prepare payasam, upma or pakoda from the Vermicelli. This sweet is thick, without adding any kind of milk. The Semiya kesari needs minimum ingredients. It is the best alternative sweet for normal rava kesari. This sweet is really tasty and delicious. Everyone loves to eat vermicelli kesari, because this is a unique style of kesari.
Here I have used roasted Vermicelli for preparing the tasty Semiya Kesari. If you have plain vermicelli then just roast with little ghee until it turns to golden colour. When cooking the vermicelli also uses correct measurements of water, otherwise it makes it sticky. If you do not know the measurements of water for cooking the Vermicelli, just add water gradually and cook until it softens.
When I was preparing the sweet, I was looking for a healthy option. So for this sweet I have used jaggery instead of sugar for sweetness. The cardamom powder just gives a good aroma for Kesari. The Dry fruits are increasing the richness of Sweet. This sweet contains less ghee.
Semiya kesari can be served when it is warm or after cool down. When cool down it may lead a bit dry so i prefer to serve when it is warm. Trust me guys, this is one of the most loved sweet recipes in my family in recent days.
Thank you guys for coming here and trying my version of recipes. Please give support by your comments and valuable feedback of my recipes. Love you guys and stay connected to the next recipes.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Heat the ghee in the pan, add raisins, cashews and roast it until it turns to golden colour, take out and keep aside.
- Here, I have used roasted vermicelli directly. If you are using plain roast it for golden colour.
- Add enough water and cook the vermicelli softens. Occasionally stir it.
- Once vermicelli is cooked properly add jaggery and again boil well for 5 minutes.
- Once the water evaporates and starts to thicken in the pan add cardamom powder, roasted dry fruits. Mix well and switch off the flame.
- Semiya kesari is ready. Serve when it is hot or completely cool down.
- Use jaggery as much as you want for the sweetness.
- Don't add jaggery before cooking the vermicelli.
- You can add more dry fruits along with kesari.