Raw papaya halwa is one of the easy and quick sweet recipe to do. The halwa is delicious and gives great taste to our taste buds. The raw papaya halwa is completely vegan sweet. It is similar to kashi halwa.
Raw papaya is very good to our body. It provides the vitamins, potassium and supplies fiber and boosters to our digestion. The raw papaya is good for hydrating body. Everyone doesn’t like raw papaya but if you make a halwa, definite that everyone would like it.
Raw papaya halwa is made from unripen papaya. Start with peeling the outer green layer of raw papaya, then cut into slices. Later grate the raw papaya which makes it easy to cook and you will get better taste while eating this halwa. You can also chop into small pieces or you can make the paste of raw papaya. Chopping and paste of raw papaya will not give much crunchiness. Grating will help to cook raw papaya very easily and quickly.
The halwa need to be cooked in medium flame otherwise it will ruin. If you overcooked after sugar dissolves, it will become hard fast. Saffron can be added to this halwa. Crushed cardamom gives good aroma and taste to the papaya halwa. Fried Cashew nuts gives crunchiness to the halwa. Desi ghee gives great combination to raw papaya halwa.
The raw papaya can be eaten when it is hot or cool. This halwa can be stored for 2 to 3 days in room temperature.
Health Benefits of Papaya:
- Papayas also contain healthy antioxidants known as carotenoids – particularly called lycopene. Also contains an enzyme called papain, which can break down the tough protein chains.
- Free radicals are reactive molecules created during your body’s metabolism. Antioxidants, including the carotenoids found in papayas, can neutralize free radicals.
- Lycopene in papaya can reduce cancer risk.
- High in lycopene and vitamin C may help prevent heart disease. Enhance the protective effects of “good” HDL cholesterol.
- Chronic inflammation is at the root of many diseases, and unhealthy foods and lifestyle choices can drive the inflammatory process, papaya help reduce inflammatory markers.
- Papain enzyme in papaya can make protein easier to digest. Remedy for constipation and other symptoms of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS).
- Papaya can also help your skin look more toned and youthful. Vitamin C and lycopene in papaya protect your skin and may help reduce these signs of aging.
- Its flavor is best when cold. Combined with other foods that complements its flavor.
I am ending this mouthwatering and delicious salad story here. I will meet you in next interesting recipe.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a raw papaya wash and peel it. Cut into slices and Grate the raw papaya slices.
- In a vessel add water and keep for boiling. Once water starts to boil add grated papaya and leave to cook about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Sieve the cooked raw papaya and keep aside.
- In a Kadai or pan add ghee and cashews, fry until cashews turns to golden color. Later remove from ghee and keep aside.
- On that same Kadai or pan add cooked raw papaya and mix with ghee for 2 minutes.
- Add sugar and mix well until it dissolves.
- Add crushed cardamom and ghee combine well.
- Finally, add fried cashews and combine well.
- Delicious Raw Papaya halwa is ready to serve.
- While sieve press the top on that time it will remove extra absorption of water in raw papaya.