Moong dal payasam is a very delicious, tasty, simple, traditional & healthy payasam. This is one of the authentic and traditional recipes. This payasam has a unique taste. For any festival, guests arrive anytime you can prepare this payasam.
The moong dal payasam is my all time favourite. When I was child, whether someone asked which payasam do you like to have, every time and every day I said moong dal payasam. I don’t know why I like it so much. Even my father also likes this payasam very much.
The moong dal payasam is prepared with moong dal, jaggery and coconut milk. Some people are not roasting moong dal but here I roasted it so the taste of payasam is double. Whenever you bring the moong dal, roast it and do the payasam whenever the guests come or on festival days.
For sweetness I have used jaggery. Jaggery gives a different taste than white sugar. I love jaggery payasam. Usage of jaggery is always the best and healthy option.
For this payasam I used coconut milk, so it is a completely vegan recipe. Coconut milk gives a wonderful taste to payasam. If you are not available you can try normal milk. I don’t know how the payasam tastes like.. Coconut milk sees the thickness of payasam and adjusts the quantity. If you need thick consistency you need to add less thick coconut milk.
For flavour I added cardamom powder. For extra taste you can add roasted dry fruits and kesari along with flavour. Serve the payasam when it is hot or cool completely.
Try this delicious and traditional payasam in your home. Share your opinions or thoughts by comments and show some love. Thank you guys, for coming here and showing love and support to me. Love you all!
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Roast the moong dal until it turns to golden colour.
- Take a pressure cooker, add roasted moong dal and add enough water and make a whistle.
- Take a mixer jar, add fresh coconut and add enough water and grind it and strain it to prepare the coconut milk as thin and thick.
- Roast the dry fruits and keep aside.
- In a pan add jaggery and a little amount of water and melt it.
- Add cooked moong dal and thin coconut milk and give a nice boil for about 15 minutes in medium flame.
- Add cardamom powder and roasted dry fruits and mix well.
- Add thick coconut milk and give a nice stir and turn off the flame.