Brinjal drumstick sambar, a type of sambar recipe preparation which is very easy to prepare. It is one of the traditional and authentic recipes too. The brinjal and drumstick vegetable are a good combination in terms of the preparation of a sambar recipe. Sambar has a long history in Indian cuisine. If it is for breakfast or lunch or it may be for dinner, sambar is served with rice, dosa or any other dishes. There are so many variations in sambar recipes depending on the region.
Brinjal and Drumstick combination sambar is not a unique recipe. This sambar will be served in function, hotels, restaurants etc. Brinjal and drumsticks sambar is my favorite sambar. It has no onion and no garlic recipe.
This sambar recipe involves vegetables, roasted spices, coconut and tempering. The freshly roasted spices with coconut masala gives more taste than any other sambar powder. Brinjal is somewhat astringent in taste so we need to add tamarind, this gives extra deliciousness to the sambar. Cook the drumsticks first, then add brinjal, as it cooks quickly. If I add together, brinjal becomes mushy. For spiciness add more red chillies when roasting for the masala.
After the vegetables are completely cooked, add coconut masala and add enough water for consistency of sambar. Later, boil for a few minutes and spread the curry leaves. Simple tempering is enough for any sambar recipes. You can add any vegetable when the drumsticks are half cooked but brinjal is the best combination and the results of sambar is delicious.
Every time when I prepare the sambar, I roast my fresh spices and mix with coconut. Because I love this texture and freshness of sambar more than sambar powder. If you are in a hurry and want to cook easily, you can use sambar powder.
Here I am ending sambar recipe, thank you so much for giving your valuable time. Stay connected and support me with motivation to do the next interesting recipes.
Health Benefits of Brinjal & Drumstick:
- Fights cold and flu: Drumsticks are recognized to have a great content of Vitamin C. And if you’re experiencing low because of cold as well as sore throat, have drumstick soup to get comfort immediately.
- For strong bones: Drumsticks are recognized to offer healthy and strong bones and are also believed to purify the blood.
- Pregnancy and Lactation: Using this tonic on a regular basis by pregnant women will supply them with essential calcium, iron and vitamins. Drumstick pods and leaves help them get over slowness of the uterus, help easy delivery reducing post-delivery problems.
- Avoids infection: Drumsticks have a superior content of anti-bacterial qualities and are also valuable in avoiding infections within the throat, chest, as well as skin.
- Lung problems: Steam water of drumstick vegetable is generally breathed in throughout the lung problem, which yields extremely helpful outcomes within couple of days.
- Glowing skin: Juice of drumstick pods is extremely useful in improving the glow as well as shine of the face.
- Impotency: excellent veggie utilized to prevent impotency, semen thinness, as well as early ejaculation etc. Extremely helpful for treating the problem of sexual debility and enables in the better operating of the male along with Female Sterility.
- Increases Bone Density: After consuming drumstick regularly for just two months it’s been proven that it raises density of bones. This is extremely great for growing up kids.
- Reduces Cancer Level: Constant ingesting of drumstick and its leaves decreases the probability of creating cancer by 80% and it has been proven females who are victim of breast cancer recover fast out of this sickness.
- Reduces Intestine Tumor or Ulcer: Intestine tumor or even ulcer could be decreased and lots of tests have been carried out in past that was optimistic in lessening size of ulcer just by offering drumstick extract.
- Beneficial for Brain Injury: Drumstick and its leaves are extremely helpful for all those kind of head injury. Even doctors suggest patients to get this after going through operation on brain.
- Improves Nervous and Immune system: Ingesting of drumstick assist person enhance the defense mechanisms.
- High in Antioxidants: Eggplants / Brinjal boast a high number of antioxidants. Eggplants are especially rich in anthocyanins, a type of pigment with antioxidant properties that’s responsible for their vibrant color.
- May Reduce the Risk of Heart Disease: lower levels of both LDL cholesterol and triglycerides, two blood markers that can lead to an increased risk of heart disease when elevated.
- May Promote Blood Sugar Control: Eggplants are high in fiber, which passes through the digestive system intact. Fiber can lower blood sugar by slowing the rate of digestion and absorption of sugar in the body. Eggplants are high in fiber and polyphenols, both of which may help reduce blood sugar levels.
- Could Help With Weight Loss: Eggplant is high in fiber but low in calories, both of which can help promote weight loss. It can also be used in place of higher-calorie ingredients.
- May Have Cancer-Fighting Benefits: Eggplants contain solasodine rhamnosyl glycosides, which test-tube studies indicate may aid in cancer treatment. Eating more fruits and vegetables may also protect against some types of cancer.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take drumstick, wash it and cut into pieces and keep aside.
- Take Brinjal, wash it, cut into pieces and keep aside.
- In a pan add oil, coriander seeds, toor dal, urad dal, cumin, fenugreek, red chillies, asafoetida / hing, roast it for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Take a mixer jar, add grated coconut, roasted spices, enough water. Grind like a smooth paste. Masala is ready for sambar.
- In a kadai or large pan add drumstick pieces and salt, water and cook for 5 minutes.
- For the same kadai, Add brinjal pieces, salt, water, turmeric powder, tamarind & jaggery. Cook for 10 minutes or vegetables cooked completely.
- Once vegetables cooked add grounded masala to it. Add enough water like other sambar and boil it well.
- When boiling starts add curry Leaves.
- In a tadka pan add oil, mustard. When mustards start sputtering, turn off the flame and pour the tempering to sambar.
- Healthy and tasty sambar is ready. Serve with rice or dosa.
- Brinjal cooks faster than drumstick, add it in the later stage separately.
- You can add a little jaggery, if you like bit sweetness.
- You can add tamarind while grinding the masala, instead of putting while cooking.