Til laddu is a very popular, healthy, delicious laddu. This is best sweet for vegans. Til seeds are very healthy to our bones. It is called ellu unde, til ke laddu, sesame laddu. This laddu can be prepared in any festival like sankranthi, Ganesh chaturthi and navaratri. There are many types of til laddu. The til laddu is one of the energy boosters to our body.
This is my favourite laddu. Since childhood I have loved this laddu. My father always brings this laddu during my childhood. The sesame laddu will melt in our mouth and aroma of cardamom and til seeds are so loving.
This laddu recipe is a combination of til or sesame seeds and jaggery. Til laddu recipes do not need much ingredients. Sesame seeds are dry roasted for a few minutes. A nice aroma will get when sesame is roasted. Tastes of laddu will increase when roast the til. Jaggery syrup is made until it forms like a ball when we drop a syrup into water. After done with syrup for aroma put cardamom powder. Add roasted til seeds and combine well until everything is combined.
After mixing everything the mixture must be little flowing consistency. For too hot we cannot make laddu. When the mixture cools down the mixture will get hard. So once mixing is done it should be flowing consistency. When the mixture is hot, grease the hand with oil or ghee to make ball size shape. Size and shape totally depends upon you. But don’t make too large laddu.
Jaggery syrup is very important for this recipe. Perfect consistency is needed for syrup. This recipe is based on how you prepare jaggery syrup. If jaggery syrup is flowing or very thick the laddu will not become perfect. I am just telling the fact not discouraging someone trying for the first time.
Til laddu are stored at room temperature for one month. While storing the laddu the jar must be airtight. I prefer glass jars for longer shelf life. Eat one laddu per day. After making laddu leave for two to 3 hours for complete cool down. After cooling it down you will feel the real taste of laddu.
They are very good for our body. It is easily out of the diet list because til seeds and jaggery have a lot of health benefits. So try this recipe and thank you for reading. Please watch, like, share and subscribe to my channel also. Stay in touch for the next recipe, I will catch you there.
Health Benefits of Till / Sesame:
- Good Source of Fiber: A 3-tablespoon (30-gram) serving of sesame seeds provides 13% of the RDI for fibre, which is essential for digestive health.
- May Lower Cholesterol and Triglycerides: Sesame seeds may help reduce risk factors for heart disease, such as high triglyceride and “bad” LDL cholesterol levels.
- Nutritious Source of Plant Protein: Sesame seeds, especially hulled ones, are high in protein, which is a necessary building block for your body.
- May Help Lower Blood Pressure: Sesame seeds are high in magnesium, which may aid in blood pressure reduction. Furthermore, their antioxidants may aid in the prevention of plaque buildup.
- May Support Healthy Bones: Unshelled sesame seeds are especially high in calcium and other bone-building nutrients. Soaking, roasting, or sprouting sesame seeds can help with mineral absorption.
- May Reduce Inflammation: According to preliminary research, sesame seeds and oil may have anti-inflammatory properties.
- Good Source of B Vitamins: Sesame seeds are high in thiamine, niacin, and vitamin B6, all of which are essential for proper cellular function and metabolism.
- May Aid Blood Cell Formation: Iron, copper, and vitamin B6 are all found in sesame seeds and are required for blood cell formation and function.
- May Aid Blood Sugar Control: Because sesame seeds are low in carbs and high in quality protein and healthy fats, they may help with blood sugar control. Furthermore, they contain a plant compound that may be beneficial in this regard.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Sesame seeds contain antioxidants in the form of plant compounds and vitamin E, which help your body fight oxidative stress.
- May Support Your Immune System: Sesame seeds are high in zinc, selenium, copper, iron, vitamin B6, and vitamin E, all of which are important for immune system function.
- May Soothe Arthritic Knee Pain: Sesamin, a compound found in sesame seeds, may help reduce joint pain and improve mobility in people suffering from knee arthritis.
- May Support Thyroid Health: Sesame seeds are high in nutrients that support thyroid health, including selenium, iron, copper, zinc, and vitamin B6.
- May Aid Hormone Balance During Menopause: Phytoestrogens are compounds found in sesame seeds that may benefit menopausal women.
- Easy to Add to Your Diet: Salads, granola, baked goods, and stir-fries can all benefit from sesame seeds. Sesame seeds are also used to make tahini and sesame flour.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a pan or kadai add white and black sesame seeds. Dry roast the seeds for 5 minutes in medium flame.
- In a pan add jaggery and little water, further allow to boil.
- Stir well and once jaggery dissolves boil for 5 minutes.
- To check the perfect consistency of jaggery syrup take a drop of syrup into a bowl of water and try to make a ball.
- Add cardamom powder and roasted sesame seeds.
- Give a good mix until everything combine well.
- After mixing keep aside for 5 minutes because it is little running consistency and too hot for making ball.
- Grease your hand with oil or ghee and make balls size. Don't allow to complete cool for making laddu it will become hard.
- Store in airtight container and serve and enjoy the laddu.
- You can use any one colour of seeds for doing laddu.
- Jaggery syrup consistency is very important for this recipe.
- When the mixture is hot do the balls.
- When the mixture become hard, add little hot water, mix well and do the balls.
- For aroma you can add peanut powder, pepper powder too.