The ridge gourd peel dry chutney is very healthy and delicious. The ridge gourd is dark green, white scalp and white seeds inside and Outer cover is little harder than other parts. This recipe is simple and easy to make. I’m calling this vegetable as zero waste vegetable.
Everyone use ridge gourd for stir fry, curry and other recipes. While doing recipes we will be removing outer harder layer later it’s discarded as waste. I tried this recipe from outer harder layer of ridge gourd. Every part of ridge gourd is used for cooking. We can call it delicious recipe from discarded vegetable. By using peels of ridge gourd we can prepare chutney, stir fry and more recipes.
Ridge gourd peel dry chutney is served with dosa, idli, rice and more. We need to chop ridge gourd peel into small pieces. Roast the red chilly and chopped ridge gourd peel with little oil. Dry the grated coconut and curry leaves separately. Salt, jaggery and tamarind added to the taste. Grind all the roasted ingredients as dry. If all ingredients roasted properly we can store it outside up to one week otherwise we need to refrigerate.
Red chillies give nice colour and spicy flavour to this chutney. Jaggery is completely optional for this recipe. Tamarind is reducing the acidity from the recipe. We need to fry or roast the chopped peels of ridge gourd otherwise it will not give texture to this recipe.
Actually peels are rich in fiber and other nutrition. After preparing this dry chutney you can never tell this chutney made from discarded item of vegetable. Any time it will be delicious and well done texture. The taste of this ridge gourd peel dry chutney is spicy and tangy flavour.
Health Benefits of Ridge Gourd:
- Ridge Gourd is highly rich in dietary fiber and is fortified with all essential elements including vitamin C, zinc, iron, riboflavin, magnesium, thiamine and traces of other minerals.
- This is low in saturated fat, cholesterol and calories that help to minimize weight.
- Ridge gourd contains a large amount of cellulose and a high water content that helps to alleviate constipation.
- Contains insulin such as peptides and alkaloids that help reduce blood and urine sugar levels.
- It is rich in beta-carotene, which is perfect for eye vision enhancement.
- Ridge gourd works efficiently in the purification of blood. It improves and nourishes liver function and protects the liver from alcohol intoxication.
- Ridge gourd juice is used to treat jaundice and to improve the immune system against any infection.
- This is essential for the protection of the skin, because the purifying nature of the blood ensures that you remain free of acne and apex.
- Ridge Gourd helps to control both acidity and ulcers. It is well known as a cooling agent and aids in the handling of burning sensation during urination.
Thank you reading my story about this recipe. Catch you in next interesting healthy recipe.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
#RidgeGourdChutney #RidgeGourdPeel #ZeroWaste
- Take a ridge gourd peel and chop into small pieces.
- In a kadai add oil, red chilly, spilt urad dal fry it. Add chopped ridge gourd peel and roast it.
- Add grated coconut and roast it.
- Add curry leaves roast it.
- Keep for cooling and add salt, jaggery and tamarind.
- Once it cooled take a mixer jar add all roasted ingredients and grind it as dry. Yummy ridge gourd peel dry chutney is ready. Serve with idli, dosa, rice and more.
- We need roast correctly otherwise we cannot store room temperature.
- Jaggery is optional for this dry chutney.
- Red chillies are adjusted to your taste. It just added for spicy and gives colour.