Poha is one of the very simple and quick recipes. Poha is also called flatten rice, aval, chira, sira etc. Poha is in all the different regions with different names. Because the recipe is very simple and everyone can eat it. This recipe is famous as avalakki usli, avalakki oggarane in our local language. Poha is used for different recipes like dosa, idli and so on. But avalakki oggarane is the top breakfast in every household.
Poha needs simple tempering and some spices, flavoured with onion. This does not need much ingredients but it is garnished with fresh coconut, coriander leaves. Poha does not need much time to cook. The flatten rice needs to soak until it softens. So it will be very easy to make.
The Maharashtra kanda is one very popular and very traditional recipe. Kanda means onion, so this recipe only needs some onion and some spices. You can add some veggies to this poha recipe. So veggies are best for our body so we will get a lot of nutrients.
While making this recipe, we need to wash it a couple of times to take off all the dust and soak it for a few minutes. Soaking is a very important method, because if you soak more it will become mushy. Heat some oil, add to the peanut, and prepare tempering with lots of curry leaves and onion and freshly grated coconut. So easily we can prepare one pot poha breakfast.
I love this recipe because it’s simple and easy to make. It is easy to include our diet list. You can add mixture toppings for this poha. Served with hot chai or along with curd. This can be prepared for breakfast or as a snack.
Try this tasty and delicious food in your home and share your opinion with me. I am thanking each person who is coming here, trying and reading my recipes. Stay connected to the next interesting recipes.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a bowl, add poha and enough water. Soak it for a minute. Drain off all the water and keep aside.
- Take a kadai or pan and add oil, urad dal, red chilli, ground nuts and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add mustard and few curry leaves and leaves for splutters.
- Add chopped onion fry until it turns to golden color.
- Add tomatoes and fry until it turns to soft.
- Add green chilli, turmeric powder, and mix well.
- Add soaked poha and combine well. Cook in low flame about 2 minutes
- Add fresh coconut and coriander leaves, combine well. Tasty and simple poha is ready.
- Don't soak poha too much.