Pisang Moolen is one of the very unique recipes. This recipe is one of the traditional in Indonesia. It is a very famous street food and deep fried snack. This snack will serve with hot tea or coffee. Moolen banana is also called pisang banana. It is made with ripe banana and flour. The pisang banana is sweet and savory and crunchy.
My husband saw this recipe when he was browsing something. Ripen banana is the most common thing in my home so he wanted to try this recipe. Outcome was super duper tasty and liked very much. This moolen banana tastes like a crispy cake. I love the texture and taste so sharing this interesting recipe.
For preparing the dough, add flour, sugar and butter. For flavor, add cinnamon powder to the dough. Cold water helps to maintain soft dough. We should take very well ripe bananas for a good taste. Butter will moist and soften the dough.
The wrapping is a little tricky but it is very easy to wrap. The ripe banana is beautifully wrapped and easily cooked in hot oil. While frying it is cooked on medium flame. It will not absorb too much oil. It will attract kids because of its naughty shape.
You can make other shapes while wrapping. Traditional way of wrapping is shown in the recipe. If you are not interested in frying in hot oil or you are health conscious then after wrapping you can bake it in the oven.
Try the super easy and simple moolen banana in your home and share how you are preparing and how it tastes in the comments. Thank you guys for coming here and catching my recipes. I am overwhelmed by your support and valuable feedback. Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and all the links are mentioned below. Love you all.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a bowl add maida, corn flour, powdered sugar, salt, cinnamon powder, butter and mix well.
- Add cold water and knead the dough.
- Transfer the dough to the Small container or a bowl and keep in refrigerator about 1one hour.
- Take a ripe banana cut into round shapes and keep aside.
- After the refrigerator, make small balls or a cylindrical shape.
- Roll into a thin long layer.
- Place the banana slices and roll side by side into curly shape. Similarly do all the banana slices.
- Leave one by one to the hot oil and fry until it turns to golden brown color on medium flame.
- Once it turns to golden brown color, Take out to absorb paper.
- The sweet and crispy moolen banana is ready to serve.
You can try other shapes. Take a well ripe banana for better taste. Refrigerating the dough will help in frying and rolling the dough.