Ubbu Akki Rotti or Ukkarisida rotti is famous in south & north region of Karnataka. But now a day’s ubbu rotti is popular in all regions. It is a traditional cuisine. Ukkarisida rotti can be consumed for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Ubbu akki rotti is called as ukkarisida rotti, akki rotti, ubbu rotti and soft roti, chawal ka rotti, rice bhakri, Puffed rice rotti etc.
Puffed rice rotti is made from only one ingredient that is rice flour. Other ingredients needed for rotti are salt and water. For any dish, salt and water is must. Ubbu akki rotti is served with brinjal ennegayi, chutney powder. Here consistency of water and rice flour is very important for this recipe.
For making ubbu akki rotti, add rice flour in boiling water. Add oil before boiling water so that it will be easy to mix because it avoids becoming lumps in rice flour. When we mix the rice flour in boiling water, it forms like a dough. After turning off the flame we need to knead the dough using a wet hand. Wet hands help to avoid burning our hands. The kneading will help to make soft and fluffy rotti.
After preparing the dough, prepare the small ball of dough and spread it like chapathi. Dust the rolling board with rice flour to prevent it from sticking. Transfer the spreaded rotis to hot tawa and press from wet cloth on the top side for the best result. Once rotti is cooked, store it in a box and cover with cloth. It will stay super soft for the day.
Ubbu akki rotti is completely gluten free because rice flour contains any gluten. If you are trying to prepare ubbu akki rotti for the first time, it will feel like a long procedure and time consuming. Practice makes perfect, try for 2 to 3 times it will be easy and you get perfect rotti. As a side dish for ubbu akki rotti you can try any spicy flavour curry or brinjal ennegayi, chutney powder, etc.
Do give this rotti a try and thumbs up because I am sure you definitely love this ubbu akki rotti. Make this weekend a beautiful breakfast, lunch or dinner with your family. Don’t forget to share with me. Thank you guys for reading and trying my recipes. Stay connected and catch you in the next interesting recipe.
Health Benefits of Rice Flour:
- Gluten-free, it is an excellent choice for those suffering from gluten intolerance and autoimmune conditions, such as Celiac.
- It contains a healthy amount of insoluble fibres, which keep the digestive tract in optimum shape. A high-fibre diet can also improve cardiovascular health, manage blood sugar levels, and regularise bowel movement.
- Rice flour is rich in calcium, and this rice flour nutrition makes it an excellent food choice to maintain bone and skeletal health.
- White rice flour (100g) contains 9.2mg of Choline, which prevents the build-up of fat and cholesterol in your liver. Thus, it helps maintain your liver health.
- Due to its high mineral density, especially Zinc, rice flour can give the body’s natural immune response a boost.
- Rice flour contains a healthy amount of protein, which makes it a go-to ingredient if you wish to bulk up and gain muscles.
- One can use rice flour as a natural exfoliant due to its coarse texture. It is highly effective in removing dead skin and debris from your skin’s surface.
- Another cosmetic usage of rice flour is available through the application of face packs and masks, which can offer an array of favourable results ranging from skin tightening to getting rid of dark circles.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a large Kadai and add water, oil, and salt. Get the water to boil.
- When water starts to boil add rice flour and gently mix it.
- Once the water is absorbed with flour, cover the lid and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Rice flour becomes super moist and transfers the rice flour mixture to the mixing bowl. Keep aside for 5 minutes.
- If the mixture is a little hot, use a wet hand knead well. Form a smooth and soft dough of rice flour.
- Take a ball sized dough and dust some rice flour and start to roll gently. Roll the dough uniformly.
- Now transfer the spreaded rotting to hot tawa. Use the wet cloth for one side for wipe off the extra flour
- Once the base cooked flip over and cook it. Cook both the sides on medium flame or cook directly in flame.
- Healthy and tasty akki rotti is ready.
- Water and flour proportion must be equal.
- If the dough ball has cracks then roti will not puff up.
- While kneading use a wet hand or dip in cool water, it will prevent the hand from burning.
- You can store a day at room temperature and it will be soft for a day.