Tapioca chips are very easy to prepare at home. These chips have a very unique taste. If you start to eat the chips then not have control or nonstop eating. That much of Taste is having these chips. Tapioca is also called cassava root, maravalli kizhangu, and maragenasu.
I have loved the Tapioca chips for many years. These chips are so addictive. My parent’s home, these are the most common chips brought from the bakery. My brother and I love these chips and now my son also loves these chips so much. These chips can be served with tea or coffee as a snack. Or else have it with rice and rasam.
For making the chips there is no need for many ingredients. Firstly remove the all outer cover of Tapioca and wash them thoroughly. Grate it or cut into your wish shapes and fry in hot oil. Add salt to taste, chilli powder for spiciness and toss well for properly mixing. Spiciness is completely optional for these chips. If you can prepare salt water instead of tossing with salt. For salt water you can use red chilli powder, hing or any other flavour. The chips are very crispy and flavorful.
While selecting the Tapioca for chips is very important. For preparing the chips you should choose tender Tapioca. Otherwise you will find it difficult to make the slices because the root or stick thing is running in the middle of the Tapioca.
When I prepared for the first I didn’t know many things about Tapioca because I was regularly purchasing from a bakery and ate it. When i tried the chips i got to know the things like how to choose. If you get stuck in the middle of Tapioca root you will get difficult for making the slices or your blade must be very sharp
Try these tasty deep fried chips and enjoy your evenings. Thank you for trying my recipes. I am overwhelmed by everyone who is coming here and catching my version of recipes. Stay in touch for the next interesting recipes
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Remove the outer cover of Tapioca, wash them and keep aside.
- Make thin slices using a knife or chips grater.
- Take a kadai which has a thick bottom and heat the oil for frying.
- Add Tapioca slices one by one or grate the tapioca directly into hot oil.
- Fry them in a high flame. Once it turns to golden colour, remove from the hot oil to an absorbing paper.
- After removing from oil sprinkle salt and some red chilli powder and toss well.
- Tapioca Chips is Ready, Once cooled down, store in an airtight container. Serve along with tea or coffee.
- The slices must be immersed in oil for crispy chips and stir often.
- Remove the inner part of Tapioca if the roots are there in it.
- You can use leftover small pieces of Tapioca to make the curry or any other side dishes.