Raw Tomato Capsicum Majjige Huli, A Traditional Mangalore Style, South Indian recipe prepared with Raw Tomato, Capsicum, Butter Milk, Coconut Masala. It is also called as mor kuzhambu / yogurt curry. Majjige Huli is a must in every festival or any other special occasion in the Brahmins family.
The raw tomatoes and capsicum are a very good and old combination for majjige Huli. This is simple to make without many spices. It is less spicy compared to sambar, rasam, or other gravy.
I prepared this recipe from raw tomato and capsicum using buttermilk. I added turmeric powder to gives the extra flavor to it. Fresh coconut gives a good texture to the majjigehuli. Green chilly helps to maintain the spiciness. Sour Buttermilk or curd enhances the beauty or gives an authentic taste to the recipe. I prefer buttermilk for this majjigehuli. Tampering also gives extra taste to majjigehuli. It is served with Rice or dosa.
Majjigehuli is very good for health. This recipe can be tried with other vegetables like cucumber, spinach, ash guard, ivy guard, etc.
Raw tomatoes help to prevent cancer, reduce glucose in the blood, and maintain healthy blood pressure. We can add to our diet list. It is one of the nutrition vegetables, we can eat raw, semi-cooked, and cooked.
Health Benefits of having Majjige Huli:
- Buttermilk is a great source of vitamins like vitamin B complex, proteins, and potassium.
- Coconuts are especially high in manganese, which is essential for bone health and the metabolism of carbohydrates, proteins, and cholesterol.
- Many of the nutrients, antioxidants, and other beneficial compounds in raw tomatoes may prevent or help treat a wide range of health issues.
- Capsicums are an excellent source of vitamin A and C, vitamin K1, vitamin E, folate, and potassium.
- High consumption of fruits and vegetables has been linked to a reduced risk of many chronic illnesses, such as cancer and heart disease.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
#RawTomatoCapsicumMajjigeHuli #MajjigeHuli #MangaloreStyle
- Instead of curd or yogurt Use sour buttermilk for this recipe for extra taste.
- Once you add buttermilk just boil it, don't cook it again.