Missi roti is one of the staple foods for every Punjabi home.it is very easy to prepare and one of the simple recipes. Missi roti is flavorful roti with flour and some spices. Missi roti is one of the common flatbreads in North India. Many varieties of missi roti are prepared. Today i am sharing simple dhaba style missi roti in an easy way.
This roti recipe has some tricks because we are adding chickpea flour. Usually chickpea flour dries the water so while kneading we need a little extra water. Combination of chickpea and wheat flour worth to the taste buds. For preparing the missi roti we combine the flours with a 2:1 ratio respectively. Otherwise the actual taste of missi roti will not get. Adding a flavor of spices like turmeric, kasuri methi, ajwain seeds. For spicy adding red chili and black pepper powder. Adding oil is giving some smooth texture to the roti.
While rolling onion and coriander leaves mix placed on the top. It gives additional flavor and taste to the roti. Dhaba style missi roti is cooked like a tandoor. Therefore, after rolling a roti, the backside needs to be rubbed with water. Rubbing of water is very important otherwise while flipping the tawa roti will fall to the flame. Be careful while cooking like a tandoor. If you feel cooking is difficult then cook like a normal paratha. But it will affect the tastes.
Missi roti is served with sweet or garam pickle, curd or sabzi or any other curry. It can be served for breakfast, lunch or dinner. It is a great option for lunch boxes too.
If you love my version of Missi roti then try the recipe with love. Please share your feedback in the comments. I’m sharing very simple and easy recipes with steps. Thank you guys for coming here and catching my recipes. I am overwhelmed by your support and valuable feedback. Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and all the links are mentioned below. Love you all.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- In a mixing bowl add besan flour, wheat flour, turmeric, red chili powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder, kasuri methi, ajwain seeds, salt and ghee. Mix all the dry ingredients.
- Add water gradually and knead the dough very soft and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Take a small bowl, add finely chopped onion, coriander leaves and aamchur and mix everything.
- Take a pinch of dough and roll it.
- Then keep the onion mix and again roll into a round shape. Make sure the onion mix sticks to the rolled dough.
- Take a rolled dough and rub the water to the back side of the roti.
- Then place in hot tawa and cook for 2 minutes on medium flame, flip the tawa and cook the top of the roti.
- Once done with the cooking of both sides , apply ghee or butter.
- Tasty and delicious dhaba style missi roti is ready to serve.