Mangaluru Buns is a famous breakfast in South Canara. This is also served as evening snack too. Buns have been always served with Sambar, Chutney or dal as side dish to accompany with. Also this can be served without any side dish. In Mangalore / Mangaluru region it is very popular recipe. In this region everyone knows this recipe so can be found in every hotel, restaurant, Tea shops, café’s, etc.
The mangaluru buns are like sweet poori but texture is different. Buns are like soft, rubbery and fluffy texture which is something similar to a banana cake or bread. Well ripended bananas are good for this recipe and part of the texture, also gives natural sweetness to the recipe.
Ingredients for this recipe include bananas, flour, curd and sugar. All ingredients are simple and easily available in our kitchen. Maida or all-purpose flour gives good texture to the recipe, but you can also use wheat flour for this recipe. Instead of curd / yogurt we can use buttermilk. The buns dough is fermented to have the texture soft and fluffy. The sugar depends upon our sweetness, can be adjusted accordingly.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
Visit TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
#MangaluruBuns #ಮಂಗಳೂರುಬನ್ಸ್ #TrendyAngelKitchen
- Take a mixing bowl, add ripened bananas, peel it and mash it well.
- Add Maida or other flour, sugar, pinch of salt, jeera, curd or yogurt, baking soda and mix well for 5 minutes or dough turns to smooth.
- Transfer dough to small bowl and grease the oil on top.
- Cover the dough and keep in warm place for fermentation about 7 8 hours.
- Once fermented knead the dough and take pinch a ball of dough.
- Dust flour and roll slightly. No need to spread hard.
- Fry the buns in hot oil, flip it and fry the buns other side in medium flame.
- When both the sides turn to golden brown, Its time to remove from hot oil.
- Mangaluru buns are ready. Serve with chutney, sambar or dal.