Barley water is very good for our health. It is one of the best refreshing drinks and gives a lot of energy. Barley water is detoxifying and hydrating our body. Many recipes can be tried with barley grain. This Barley water is simple and easy to prepare.
Preparing a Barley water is very simple. Just need some barley grain and water. In addition I added ginger, lemon juice and sabja seeds. Ginger and lemon give a good flavor to the drink. Sabja seeds help to cool our body. So all are best for the body.
I just soaked the barley and boiled it directly. Soaking a Barley grain helps to boil quickly and it saves our time. I boiled barley directly in the vessel, instead of this you can use a pressure cooker. Both the methods are super easy procedures to prepare the Barley water. In addition for sweetness you can add honey or brown sugar or jaggery syrup.
Health benefits of barley water:
- Lowers cholesterol: Tocols, which are chemicals found in barley, have been found to suppress LDL cholesterol and contribute to better overall cardiovascular health.
- Blood sugar control: The antioxidants in barley water also help improve diabetes outcomes.
- Helps you lose weight: The fibre in unstrained barley water can help your digestion become more regular. It can also make you feel fuller for a longer period of time. Barley water hydrates you and is high in calories but low in fat.
- Vitamin and antioxidant-rich: Barley water contains high levels of folate (a B vitamin), iron, copper, and manganese.
- Aids digestion: By drinking unstrained barley water, you add hydration to this high fibre concentration.
- May lower cancer risk.
- Aids the immune system.
Trying a new refreshing drink, it will help maintain good health. Thank you guys for coming here and catching my version of recipes.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a bowl, add barley and soak for about 4 hours.
- Take a vessel or sauce pan, add water, soaked barley, ginger pieces and boil it for 10 minutes on high flame.
- Allow to cool down. Then strain the water and squeeze lemon.
- Take a serving glass, add sabja seeds and water. Enjoy the barley drink.