Banana Poha Porridge is easy and healthy recipe. Feeding toddlers can often be a challenging task for parents. As your little one grows, it’s crucial to provide them with nutrient-rich foods that support their development and energy needs. Banana poha porridge is an excellent choice for toddlers as it combines the goodness of ripe bananas and poha (flattened rice flakes) into a creamy and delicious breakfast option. In this article, we will explore the nutritional benefits of banana poha porridge for toddlers, share a toddler-friendly recipe, and offer tips for making this dish a staple in your child’s diet.
Nutritional Benefits for Toddlers
Before we dive into the recipe and preparation, let’s understand why banana poha porridge is a great choice for your toddler’s diet:
- Rich in Carbohydrates: Toddlers are active little explorers who need energy to fuel their day. Poha and bananas provide complex carbohydrates that release energy gradually, keeping your toddler energized.
- Easy to Digest: Poha is light on the stomach and easy to digest, making it suitable for young tummies.
- Fiber for Digestion: Both poha and bananas contain dietary fiber, which supports healthy digestion and helps prevent constipation, a common issue in toddlers.
- Vitamins and Minerals: Ripe bananas are packed with vitamins and minerals, including vitamin C, potassium, and vitamin B6, which are essential for your toddler’s growth and development.
- Protein: While not a significant source of protein, banana poha porridge does provide a small amount of this essential nutrient, contributing to your toddler’s overall nutrition.
- Customizable: You can adjust the sweetness level to your toddler’s taste preferences and dietary needs, ensuring they enjoy their meal.
For preparing the simple banana poha porridge just mash the ripe bananas until they form a smooth and creamy consistency. You can use a fork or a potato masher for this. Gently fold in the washed and drained poha into the mashed banana. If your toddler enjoys a touch of sweetness, you can add sugar or a sweetener of your choice at this point. You can also include a pinch of ground cinnamon or cardamom for extra flavor. Pour some hot water because it softens the poha and is easy to eat by a toddler.
Poha is the star of this dish. It is made from rice that has been parboiled and flattened into thin flakes. Poha comes in different thicknesses, but for this porridge, it’s typically the thinner variety that’s used.
Bananas and poha are rich in carbohydrate, dietary fiber which helps in digestion. Bananas are a great source of potassium, vitamin C, and vitamin B6, while poha provides some essential vitamins and minerals like iron and vitamin B. Banana poha porridge is relatively low in fat, making it a heart-healthy option when prepared without excessive added fats.
Banana Poha Porridge is a nutritious and toddler-friendly breakfast option that provides essential nutrients for your growing child. By customizing the sweetness and texture to suit your toddler’s preferences, you can ensure that they not only get the nutrition they need but also enjoy their meal. So, consider adding this wholesome dish to your toddler’s breakfast rotation to keep them happy and healthy.
Banana Poha Porridge is one of the great snacks for a toddler any time. This recipe can be prepared while you are traveling. Instead of bananas you can use any other fruit puree.
Try and Share how you are prepared and what you added in addition. Thank you guys for coming here and catching my recipes. I am overwhelmed by your support and valuable feedback. Follow me on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and all the links are mentioned below. Love you all.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take a bowl, add ripe bananas and mash well.
- Add poha, jaggery powder, and hot water. Mix well and keep aside for 5 minutes.
- After a few minutes, mix well.
- Enjoy the porridge.