Ash gourd sambar is one of the traditional and authentic recipes. This sambar is very tasty and easy to prepare. This recipe is made without any dal or lentils. The Ash gourd is very good for health and everyone can have this vegetable. The south Indian people never complete their lunch without having sambar.
This sambar is made with Ash gourd and some spices. The spices are freshly roasted along with red chilli and grinded, without adding any preservative or any readymade powder. The aroma of roasted spices is not matching with any readymade sambar powder. I usually prefer freshly roasted spices for making sambar rather than readymade.
The roasted spices are blended with coconut and tamarind which always gives the best masala taste for sambar recipes. Simple tempering is enough for sambar. This sambar is a combination of sweet and spicy.
In my region, sambar is one of the very common side dishes for lunch or dinner.
The sambar is made with many vegetables. I love sambar with freshly roasted spices and coconut. It gives a fresh aroma and tastes like yum.
The south indian people are always best at preparing sambar. Some regions have their own recipe for making sambar. People of karnataka & tamilnadu people are best at preparing sambar. Because this recipe is common in every home and has special bondage with sambar.
Instead of Ash gourd you can try other vegetables like Brinjal, Beetroot, raw banana, beans, ladies finger and so on. The sambar is best with hot rice and ghee.
Try this recipe and enjoy the food. I hope you love this post and comment on it and show your love and support. Please follow all my social media pages Like, Share instagram, Facebook and hit the subscribe button on YouTube. Your love and support gives me motivation for trying new recipes. Thank you everyone.
TrendyAngel Kitchen | Vegetarian Food | Healthy, Traditional, Modern, Regional & More.
Like TrendyAngel Kitchen on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/trendyangelkitchen
Follow TrendyAngel Kitchen Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/trendyangelkitchen
Like, Share & Subscribe on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TrendyAngelKitchen
All Recipes in TrendyAngel Kitchen Website: https://trendyangel.in/
- Take an Ash gourd, peel the outer cover, and wash well.
- Transfer the chopped Ash gourd pieces to a vessel.
- Add enough water, turmeric powder, jaggery and salt, mix well.
- Cook until the Ash gourd cooks well.
- Take a pan and add oil, whole urad dal, coriander seeds, methi seeds, cumin, red chilli. Roast the ingredients until it turns golden.
- Take a mixer jar, add roasted ingredients, grated coconut, tamarind paste and little water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Add ground paste to cooked Ash gourd and little amount of water. Boil well for 5 minutes.
- In a tadka pan heat oil, red chilli, mustard seeds, curry leaves and pour the tempering to a sambar.
- Enjoy the Ash gourd sambar with hot rice.